Saturday, May 18, 2013

Fun in the Sun!

Mike had a football game to film in St George... So I tagged along for the weekend!  It was a lot of fun just hanging out the 2 of us!  Here are the pictures for my camera. I will have to do another post of the ones from our phones.  We pulled in Friday afternoon, checked in, and went out to eat.  We ate at a local burger joint- Marv's!  It was very good- I highly recommend it!  We then headed to Downtown St George to go see my Great Great Grandpa house.  Arthur Frederick Miles.  It was very neat to see where my ancestor came from.  It is stilled owned by family- It has been handed down to his first wives, first child's line.  I didn't come from that line!  Dang!  We closed out the night by walking around the St George Temple.  It is a very beautiful!  We learned how it was built- Talk about effort!  It was very relaxing and nice to visit the temple grounds.  Saturday Morning we headed out to check out more of historic St George.  First up Brigham Young's winter house. 

Mike outside in the garden's.  


Wagon Piano-  It is square- the Sister Missionary said it was built that way so they could get it across the plains safely.


Can you see the Y?  Looks just like the Y for BYU... 


The very modern kitchen... At least for the 19th Century!  Check out the waffle maker!  Waffles!


Above Brigham Young's wife room... She was number 50!  I looked it up! 
And below Brigham's room.


This chair is made from Horse hair!



Next stop the Jacob Hamblin House.  He was crucial to the saints and the Indians getting along.  He worked very hard at finding peace between them.






So the chair below was found after the flood that took out the Fort Santa Clara in 1862.  Pretty neat! 




Here are the flags that mark out where the Fort Santa Clara was.  


And finally...At least for now... The St George Tabernacle!


So notice the Star... That meant it was a bigger seat then the others.  A extra 2 inches!  After sitting in one of the "regular one", I know I could have used the extra 2 inches!





Headed back to pool for a few hours before the game.  It was so much fun spending time with Mike!  We definitely need to go there again! 

No comments: